The Preys World Safe House

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Preys World Safe House

Alan Wake Details Leak Out

Prey
    Prey
    Maximum Mod

Alan Wake Details Leak Out Empty Alan Wake Details Leak Out

Post  Prey Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 am

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!

The in-game note from Alan Wake includes some spelling errors. Such as when he states he can no "loner" be sure if the character in his novel will survive the experience. It's unclear if the misspellings are intentional. The note offers a peek into the plot, though much of this was already known. Alan Wake is a novelist working on his next book. But the pages he's written are mysteriously being edited, and new pages are appearing seemingly out of nowhere. The protagonist's name has been changed to Alan Wake and aspects of the plot are turning the novel into a horror story.

Here is the complete and unedited quote:

The amount of pages keeps growing each night. There are also new edits on the old pages. They keep getting more aggressive. The story is rewriting itself. The protagonist is now my namesake, and his wife is called Alice. The most worrying aspect: the genre seems to be shifting. It's turning into a horror story. I can no loner be certain whether the hero can succeed or even survive. Apart for the jumbled fragments of bad dreams and an oppressive feeling, I can remember nothing of the process when I wake up. But this morning, a breakthrough! When I came to my senses, I could smell her perfume on my shirt. I am close. I know it. I must push on.

- Alan Wake

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:17 pm